Christina Florand is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family and Civil Court Mediator as well as a Qualified Arbitrator. Mediating a small claims case Outside of Court helps two parties reach a mutually agreeable resolution without the costs and formalities of going to court. Christina Florand will help you Resolve your small claims court matter without ever stepping foot inside of a courtroom. Call today for a Free 30-Minute Phone Consultation to see if your case is right for mediation.
Most people do not realize they are allowed to resolve their conflicts outside of court. Individuals, Businesses, and HOA's can use a Certified Civil Court Mediator (neutral third party) like Florand Mediation to resolve their dispute and create a Mediated Settlement Agreement that is legally binding and enforceable by the court.
Here's what to expect in the Small Claims Mediation process:
* Individual meetings: I start by meeting with each party separately in a confidential setting. This allows each party to express their concerns and desired outcomes without feeling pressured by the other party's presence.
* Joint discussion: Once I have a grasp of each party's perspective, I bring them together for a joint discussion. The conversation is focused on common ground and identifying areas where compromise is possible.
* Brainstorming solutions: Encourage both parties to brainstorm potential solutions that address their needs and concerns. Mediation is very informal and we can be creative in the solution since we aren't required to adhere to the law when finding an agreement.
* Reaching an agreement: Once the parties have found common ground, I will draft a written agreement that outlines the terms of their settlement. This agreement is clear, concise, and signed by both parties.
* Impasse: If the parties are unable to reach an agreement, I will acknowledge that mediation has not been successful and guide them on how to proceed with litigation.
Remember, successful mediation hinges on effective communication, active listening, and a willingness to compromise from both parties. If you have further questions or would like to see if your case is suitable for mediation call 941.228.8150 or submit your request to be contact below.